So today I had my first subbing job at an elementary school just outside the old neighborhood I used to live in. It was for elementary school music and was supposed to be a half day but the teacher made a mistake and needed a whole day so I was there for the whole day. First group was kindergarten. I think they were my favorite of the bunch, they were so cute and they just came up to me and hugged me without knowing who I was or saying anything and I was just like "awwwww...how cute!" The second bunch was 4th graders, and I thought I would have some control trouble with them but they were pretty well behaved. One of them, his name is Christian, decided to ask me to be his date to their Valentine's Day Dance next Friday night. It was kinda cute but also pretty awkward ... Then I had 5th graders and they were pretty good after being threatened to be sent to detention if any of them gave me problems. Some of them were taller than me =\ how sad is that? I'm 5'3" and some of them were looking down at me *sigh* Then I had about 35 minutes to myself to chill and sit in quietness lol. Then the 1st graders .... I thought they would be cute like the kinder kids, but oh they were the little devils >.< I had to send someone to get the Principal for me because they all kept running around misbehaving and ignoring me, even after the Principal came they started to misbehave a little..jeez. Then 2nd grade came and they were pretty well behaved, didn't give me much problem. Last group was 3rd grade, and they were fine until the end of the period when I allowed them to talk quietly amongst themselves they got loud and the Principal came to yell at them because they kept ignoring me -_-" But yeah ... that was kinda fun .. and interesting ... gives me an idea of what grade I'd potentially want to teach if I decided to do teaching ... But anyways I was so hungry afterwards, I didn't bring any food with me because I wasn't expecting to stay the whole day, but thank goodness for the snacks in my purse ^_~ I don't have anything for tomorrow and I can't really take anything for tomorrow because I work at my other job at 4 pm so that would interfere if I did take a job for tomorrow anyways ...
Next week I'll be better prepared hopefully ... *crosses fingers*
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment