Since April 2009 I've been volunteering at the VA hospital in the substance dependence treatment program under two Psychologists. Three days a week I come here from 9 am to 2 pm. Except now that I'm doing substitute teaching to get some extra cash I don't come all three days like I used to. Why am I doing this? In hopes for a job that I went to college for! What have I gained from doing what I do here? Experience in working with individuals with substance dependence issues. Where's my job? I have no earthly idea =[ The openings they have are always for those with their Master's degree, which I won't have for quite some time since I'm not in graduate school yet. Sometimes ... a lot of times ... I think they should just hire me as their "assistant" since I pretty much do a lot of their work for them ... Anyways .. now that I come less than I used to because of my other part time job I usually just do patient reviews or case reviews or update their patient database which is kinda boring but if this is what I have to do to get a job then I must endure!
Sometimes I get cool things ... like little phamphlets on how to stop smoking and about alcoholism and such .. so I like to bring them to work and give them to some of the people I work with because lots of people in restaurant business have some type of substance use/abuse/dependence ....
And on this note ... I'm out ..
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment